In one of my previous posts, I promoted a run for typhoon Yolanda victims. The event was called Rescue Run 2013 which was held at Bonifacio Global City just yesterday, November 16. I decided to run just 5km here as I was, and still am, nursing a knee injury. I considered it my recovery run from the also recently concluded New Balance Power Run 2013 (more about that later). In the meantime, here are some photos.
On this banner, participants wrote short uplifting messages for typhoon victims.
post-shift and pre-run photo
wearing University of the Philippines singlet and Nike shorts
Okay, so WTH is this face? Hahaha.
credits to Running Photographers for this photo
my running bestie: Nike Air Max + 2013, been with me since July

It was a beautiful, sunny day for a run and the event had quite a turnout. There were hundreds of runners who participated, from old people to kids as young as four years old. There were sponsors who were generous enough to provide refreshments for everyone. The event was able to raise a lot of money, and a lot of people also brought in-kind donations. Overall, the event was a success. I hope we won't stop there. Let us continue to provide help in any way that we can. 

The past few weeks have been painful and quite a struggle for Filipinos as we faced the calamity and now its aftermath. But it's during these tough times that I notice how everyone shows their care for each other. Not just from one Filipino to another, but even from one country to another as nations everywhere continue to provide aide for our country. And we, Filipinos, will forever be thankful for that. Times may be tough now but it will eventually get better. There is always hope. :)