Okay, so one does not exactly "cook" a salad but you get my drift, right? Anyways, let's continue on to this post, shall we?

Back when I was a kid, I wasn't exactly what you'd call a "healthy-eater". I used to dislike veggies because I thought they tasted gross. It's just when I'm in my early twenties that I realized the importance of eating leafy greens so I decided to try eating veggies. But I couldn't stand the taste when they're cooked. Which is why whenever I wanted to have my fill of veggies, I would always get a salad. Eventually, I learned how to make my own and it's obviously very easy to make because it doesn't take a lot of preparation

Take note that I really don't have a specified amount for each ingredient, as it is a salad. I just mixed everything in.

Ingredients for the salad:
  • Romaine lettuce
  • tomatoes, diced
  • carrots, julienned
  • canned kernel corn, drained
  • croutons
  • tuna flakes in can

Ingredients for the dressing:

  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 1 cup of mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Like I said, I simply mixed the salad ingredients in a small bowl, with amounts set to my preference. And then for the dressing, I mixed all the ingredients in a smaller bowl. Afterwards, I just poured a generous amount of dressing onto my salad, and voila!

Now, you may add a few other ingredients to that recipe. Or you can use boiled, salted chicken breast, torn into small pieces, instead of the tuna. But since I'm not a huge fan of veggies and am still trying to tolerate most of them, I prefer to stick to the ones I'm comfortable eating. Haha. Anyways, this is really easy to make. Try it! :)