Japan is a haven for travelers, but its reputation for pricey accommodation can sometimes deter the budget-conscious ones.  However, Fukuoka offers a refreshing alternative. APA Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin West exemplifies this perfectly, providing a comfortable and convenient stay in this charming city without breaking the bank. This is where I stayed when I visited in Fukuoka, and let me tell you about my experience here.

APA Hotel Fukuoka

Location

This hotel has a great location! It's just a few minutes walk from Akasaka train station, making it easy to get around Fukuoka. From the airport, it took me less than a 30-minute train ride to get here. Plus, this hotel is surrounded by restaurants and convenience stores for all your needs. Even exploring the city is a breeze, with tourist spots like Ohori Park within walking distance.

Amenities

I booked a single-occupancy double room, so the bed was too big for me, plus it was quite comfortable. While the room itself might be a bit on the small side, APA Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin West utilizes the space efficiently.  There's even a designated area for your luggage and hangers. There's also space under the bed to tuck away your suitcase. 

They've got all the amenities you need, including a fridge, water kettle, toiletries, towels, a robe, TV, and a desk. There's free bottled water, plus instant coffee and tea. As in most Japanese hotels, my bathroom had a small tub, where I could soak in. It was especially nice to get a hot bath during those cold days on my winter trip.

APA Hotel Fukuoka

Cleanliness

The hotel was impeccably clean, and that included my room and the common areas. Daily housekeeping ensured a fresh and comfortable environment.  Towels were replaced, toiletries replenished, and the room itself was thoroughly cleaned, leaving a feeling of coming back to a fresh space each day. If you opt out of daily cleaning, they will still give you fresh towels and toiletries, leaving it outside your door in a nice paper bag.

Customer Service

As expected in Japan, the staff were polite. They were friendly and helpful, adding to the overall positive experience.

Price

Considering the excellent amenities, great service, and convenient location, the price was very reasonable. I paid around PHP2,500 per night for my three-night stay. This includes a daily breakfast buffet with great choices of Japanese and Western food.


Overall, I highly recommend APA Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin West and would definitely book with them again if ever I return to Fukuoka!