Brussels is a city brimming with international flavors, and while I like trying local dishes whenever I'm in a foreign country, I also couldn't resist going to an Italian restaurant for a sumptuous meal with pasta. And that's exactly what I did one night in Brussels. I went to Gabbiani Reali, which is a centrally located restaurant.

The space is intimate, with seating arrangements that are perhaps a little close for elbows, but this adds to the cozy atmosphere. 

My meal began with a classic Caprese salad featuring juicy tomatoes, creamy buffalo mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves. It was quite good and the portions were a tad too generous.

Gabbiani Reali
Caprese salad

For my main dish, I ordered the "trio di pasta", which comprises three different pasta dishes. It's perfect when you can't make up your mind on what pasta dish to get. The portion size was incredibly generous, featuring three distinct pasta variations – all cooked perfectly al dente. It had lasagne, ravioli ricotta, and aubergines a la parmigiana. Among the three, the ravioli was the winner for me.

Gabbiani Reali
Trio di Pasta

While dining at a restaurant in Europe can get expensive, the prices at Gabbiani Reali are incredibly reasonable. The meal that I had was quite satisfying. The space might be a little tight, but it didn't detract from the overall dining experience. If you're looking for a taste of authentic Italy with hearty portions and fair prices, this little restaurant can be worth visiting.