The second leg of my Europe trip earlier this year was Oslo, Norway. Compared to all the other European cities I've been to, Oslo was the most expensive in terms of living expenses, and that applies even if you're just visiting.

Finding a place to stay was a challenge as all hotels were quite pricey, even the simplest and most basic ones. And I didn't want to have to stay at a hostel just to spend less. I still wanted to have a comfortable and pleasant stay. Eventually, I saw P-Hotels Oslo and I thought it looked quite decent despite being one of the most affordable options out there.

P-Hotels Oslo

So here's a quick review of this hotel.

Location

The location of P-Hotels was excellent. It's a 20-minute walk from the Oslo bus terminal, which was great since I took the bus to get to the city. It's also a 10 to 15-minute walk from the hotel going to the central train station. 

This hotel is centrally located and all the popular tourist attractions in the city are accessible within a 20 to 30-minute walk, depending on how fast you move. There are also lots of souvenir shops, convenience stores, and dining options close to the hotel.

Amenities

The amenities of P-Hotels Oslo were very good. The room that I got was quite big which was surprising. I paid for a single room so I expected a small room with a single bed but the room they assigned to me was a big room with a double bed. 

In terms of comfort, the bed was a bit firm, which may be a downside for some people but not for me because I don't like it if my bed is too soft. The room had a heater but no air conditioning so I imagine it can get really warm during summer. However, I visited in May, which was still quite cold so having no AC wasn't a problem.

P-Hotels Oslo
room amenities

Apart from the bed, the room had a comfy chair to relax on and a big desk, which was perfect since I did some online work while traveling. The Wi-Fi was very good. There's a TV, which I didn't use, and way too many outlets for charging. The room also came with a huge walk-in closet area where I stored my luggage and hung my clothes instead of having them lying around the room. The bathroom was basic but it was big enough. Towels were included while toiletries weren't but it was fine since I always bring my own.

My booking didn't include breakfast but there's a café in the lobby of the hotel. Guests can order breakfast a day before. I didn't try it though because it was pricey and, instead, I opted for food from a nearby convenience store.

Cleanliness

The room and the ensuite bathroom were clean, despite the whole place looking a bit outdated. The towels, sheets, and pillows were clean. Overall, everything was passable and I had no complaints regarding cleanliness.

Customer Service

The customer service of the hotel was good. All the staff members spoke English fluently and they were always nice enough to answer my questions. I arrived early in the morning, which was hours ahead of my check-in time, and they offered to store my luggage while I checked out the parade since I arrived on a national holiday. Eventually, they let me check in as early as 10 am.

P-Hotels Oslo
the spacious closet area

Price

I stayed in P-Hotels Oslo for three nights and paid NOK3,247 or PHP16,844, so the nightly rate is around PHP5,615. Yes, this may seem very pricey but it's actually one of the most affordable hotel options in Oslo, considering that many places there are more expensive. You'd spend a lot less if you'd opt for hostels but I like the comforts of having a room to myself so I was willing to pay this much


Overall, I had a great stay at P-Hotels Oslo and I'd highly recommend this if you're looking for a decent hotel in the city capital of Norway. It's clean, the amenities are good, and the location is excellent - I couldn't ask for anything more.