Super late post but here's my race report for the Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run which happened two weekends ago. 

The Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run was my comeback long distance run. After being on running hiatus for more than three months, my longest distance was just 10km. So after running a couple of 10km race and a few short distance races, I decided to give 16km a try.

The race started at 4:30am and my goal was to finish before 6:30am. Two hours was kinda ambitious for someone who did not have any decent training prior to the race. First half, I was doing fine. I believe I was running in a good enough race pace to get me to the finish line in two hours. However, by the second half, my legs started cramping. I've always been pasaway in races by not listening to my body but since I know better now (and because I'm so scared of injuries because I haven't had them for quite some time now), I decided to walk whenever I felt like walking. I did run in all the uphills though because for some reason, I am now loving uphills. Needless to say, I did not finish the race within my target time. But I'm still happy that I finished, and that's what really counts.
Photo Credits: Rick Petogo

Overall, it was a fun event. The concept of the Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run is to celebrate the concept of togetherness and to celebrate it with the people whom we've met through running. I had a blast and it was great to see old faces once again.

Many thanks to sir Jeff Lo, Mr. Pinoy Fitness himself, for the race kit. Also, kudos to the rest of the Pinoy Fitness team and Pep Squad Events for a successful event.
rank: 904th out 1800 runners, official chip time: 2:16:16