One of my favorite things to do when traveling is trying out the street food. And that's what I did during my short trip to Busan in South Korea. If you love trying new flavors, this city has a lot to offer, with many local restaurants and several street food markets, drawing you into a world of culinary delights. 

Here's everything I tried on the streets.

After a light snack and iced coffee at Magnate Cafe, I went to the guesthouse to drop off my bags and immediately headed to Gamcheon Culture Village. Upon entering the village, you'll be greeted by street food stalls offering many local delicacies. The first thing I tried was one of those tornado hotdogs. It's basically a hotdog inside a tornado-shaped pastry. It costs KRW4,000 or around PHP165. It was a good and filling snack, but nothing special.

Street Food in Busan
tornado hotdog

Next I got a strawberry tanghulu, which I learned later on that it originated in China and became widely popular in South Korea. It's basically fruit encased in a glossy shell of sugar. It costs KRW4,000 or around PHP165.

I did like the flavor. It was sweet and cold and perfect on a warm day. However, I didn't like it when the sugar melted and got on my clothes. It was sticky and really annoying. I had to wash it out with some water.

Street Food in Busan
strawberry tanghulu

From the village, I took the bus going to the Busan Diamond Tower. However, I got off at the wrong stop and decided to walk instead. I passed by Isaac Toast, which isn't street food but a popular Korean chain of street toast. 

I had the bulgogi toast, which cost KRW7,500 or PHP310, and I really love bulgogi, so this was a win. It had marinated beef, egg, shredded cabbage, and a generous serving of bulgogi sauce. It was so good that I ordered it again when I was back in Seoul, since you could find several branches of Isaac Toast in any city in South Korea.

Street Food in Busan
bulgogi toast

I finally made it to the tower. I spent a little over an hour there and then headed to Nampo Market, which was nearby. The market was bustling with street food, but I only got to try a couple of things there because I'd already eaten so much that day.

First was the popular cheese coin bread for KRW3,500 or PHP145, and I could understand why it went viral on social media. Even though the pastry was a bit dry to my liking, the cheese pull was insane. Like really insane. And I really love cheese so this was another win for me.

Street Food in Busan
cheese coin bread

I even filmed the cheese pull, but I'm not posting the video here because I didn't look graceful at all. I'm sharing a screenshot, though, with my face cropped out.

Street Food in Busan
the cheese pull

Lastly, I got some Korean fishcakes, locally known as odeng or eomuk. These are sold everywhere in South Korea, and they're really perfect on cold nights because they're served with this light but flavorful broth that you can drink after eating the fishcakes. 

I absolutely love these fishcakes, and I constantly crave them. I tried many fishcakes in South Korea, but the ones in Busan were probably the biggest. I initially just got one, and even though I had eaten so much that day, I ended up getting a second one. The fishcakes cost KRW2,000 or PHP82 each.

Street Food in Busan
Korean fishcakes - my fave

And there you go! That's it for a day of foodie adventures in Busan. All in all, I spent KRW23,000 or PHP950 on street food for a whole day, which isn't actually a lot. If you're visiting South Korea, definitely go to any street food market and try the local dishes and delicacies.