Apart from Yoojung Sikdang, another must-try restaurant for BTS ARMYs visiting Seoul is Otsu Seiromushi. It's a Japanese restaurant owned by BTS Jin's brother. It's co-owned by Jin who is also the acting director.

Seiromushi is a traditional Japanese cooking method that involves steaming food in a ceramic dish or bamboo steamer. The term "seiromushi" can be broken down into two parts, with "seiro" referring to the steaming basket or container and "mushi" meaning steamed. In this method, various ingredients such as seafood, vegetables, and sometimes meat are placed in the steaming vessel along with seasonings like soy sauce, sake, and mirin. The dish is then steamed until the ingredients are cooked through and infused with flavor from the seasonings.

Otsu Seiromushi
beef sirloin and vegetables before they were cooked

Of course, I had to try the signature dish, which is what everybody practically orders. I had the beef sirloin with vegetables. The beef was very thinly sliced and it was so tender.

All of it was cooked on the table. It took about 12 to 15 minutes, which wasn't that long. It was served with two kinds of sauce - one being a rich nutty sesame sauce and the other a refreshing soy ponzu. I liked the sesame sauce better. 

Otsu Seiromushi

Apart from their signature dish, Otsu Seiromushi also serves other Japanese dishes. I tried their deep-fried pork cutlet drenched in curry sauce and some type of tuna sushi roll. I particularly liked the pork cutlet dish because the sauce was very tasty and the meat just had this melt-in-your-mouth quality - it was so so good.

Otsu Seiromushi
deep-fried pork cutlet

Otsu Seiromushi
tuna sushi roll

Overall, I had a pleasant experience dining here. The food was quite expensive but it was really good and I could see why this place is so popular, apart from the fact that it's owned by BTS Jin's brother. Oh, and I did see him but he looked too busy so I managed a small smile and didn't bother him.

I read that this place can get really busy and that there are usually long queues but when I got there, it was almost empty. I did go around 5:00 pm, which was too early for dinner, so I was able to simply walk in. If you want to come here during dinner time, then I'd recommend making a reservation which requires a consumable KRW50,000 deposit through the CatchTable mobile. Or you can walk in and risk having to queue for hours. I didn't want to go through that hassle so I just went early.

Otsu Seiromushi used to have two locations. Their very first location, which was in Songpagu, is now permanently closed. So, make sure to go to the other one in Yeongdeungpo-gu. Just take the subway Line 5 and get off at Yeouido Station, then walk for about 5 minutes going to the restaurant.