While I was in Munich, I stayed at Pension am Hauptbahnhof which is located close to the Central Station. It's a budget hotel in Munich. I stayed there for several nights and here's a quick review of it.

Pension am Hauptbahnhof

Location

This was my favorite thing about the hotel. It's centrally located and just a short walk from the Munich Central Station, roughly 300 meters away, which was a huge advantage for me since I arrived in Munich via FlixBus and left via train. From the bus terminal, it was a 20-minute walk away which wasn't that bad. 

The hotel was also a 7-minute walk away from Karlsplatz, which was the meetup point of the tours that I joined, and it was a 15-minute walk away from Marienplatz. There were also lots of restaurants and shops in the area.

Since it's centrally located and in a busy area, I do have to warn you that it can get noisy if your room is on the side of the street. I think this is the only disadvantage of its location. Thankfully, I had a room that faces the other way so the noise didn't bother me too much.

Amenities

For the duration of my stay, I booked a solo room with a shared bathroom and toilet. It had decent amenities for a budget hotel. Apart from the bed, my room was equipped with a huge wardrobe, sink, TV, heater, table, chair, and clean towels. There was no air-conditioning unit, which was fine because it was quite cold during my trip. I was only given one pillow and the bed wasn't the comfiest but I had a good sleep. The Wi-Fi was really good. The room had an outdated look but overall, I thought the amenities were good.

Pension am Hauptbahnhof

Cleanliness

The room and the shared areas, including the toilet and bathroom, were clean overall. The carpeted floor looked old but it wasn't dirty or disgusting. The wardrobe smelled of old wood, which was a bit unpleasant but you'd only get a whiff of it when you open it. 

As I said, the room looked outdated, and that included the furniture. The walls needed a fresh coat of paint. But other than that, I had no complaints. The cleanliness was passable, and they cleaned my room daily.

Customer Service

The customer service was good, although they didn't have a 24-hour front desk. The staff was quite friendly and accommodating in the very few interactions I had with them. 

Price

Compared to the other hotels in the area, this hotel is quite cheap. I only paid PHP3,179 per night, which is around €50. Some hostel beds cost the same, while other hotel rooms in this area can cost €70 to €100. I thought it was a really good deal given its location and the level of service that I got.


Overall, I had a pleasant and comfortable stay at Pension am Hauptbahnhof. For the price, the amenities were quite good and I really liked its location because it's close to a lot of tourist spots, restaurants, and shops. This helped me save money since I only had to walk to get to these places. 

Would I stay here again? Probably. I really had no major complaints during my stay, except for a few nitpicks that I've mentioned. If you're looking for a budget hotel in Munich in a good location with decent amenities, I'd highly recommend this hotel.