Having spent only one day in Budapest, I didn't have a lot of time to try out different restaurants. Luckily, I got to try one of the best ones.

Halászbástya Étterem is a restaurant located at the Fisherman's Bastion. Halászbástya is the local name for this tourist spot while the Hungarian word "étterem" directly translates to "restaurant".

To be honest, I checked out this restaurant for the views and because it was the only food place I could find in the area at the time, apart from Starbucks, but I was truly impressed with how the food tasted. 

Here's what I tried.

Halászbástya Étterem chicken with salad
Chicken with salad

Halászbástya Étterem plum dumpling
Plum dumpling

Overall, the food was quite delicious. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the salad was fresh. The plum dumpling was a nice treat. Being the adventurous eater that I am, I had to try it out because it was a local delicacy and I actually liked it.

The service was good. The restaurant looked a bit posh and while these sorts of places can be intimidating to dine in, especially when you're alone, the restaurant staff was welcoming and accommodating. They were attentive to my needs and they kept checking in on me.

I love how the staff gave me a table next to the window where I can see the Hungarian parliament building and the rest of the Buda side. The view from my table was stunning.

Views from Halászbástya Étterem
Views from Halászbástya Étterem

I had a pleasant dining experience here and I would definitely recommend this restaurant if ever you're in area. I would love to come back here if ever I find myself in Budapest again.