Here is something a little personal to take a break from the travel and lifestyle posts. As I am writing this, today is August 22. Which means that it has been exactly three months since I moved to Siargao, 

Ever since I moved in the island, life has been pretty great so far. Life in the island is completely different from life in the city. For one, there is no crazy traffic in Siargao. Another thing is that there is no pollution here. People here genuinely care about the environment that they've completely banned the use of plastic straws and plastic shopping bags here, and try to minimize plastic waste as best as they can. There is that community feeling where everyone knows everyone, and all the business support each other rather than compete with each other.

Personally, moving here has made such a huge impact on my life. I'm never stressed here. I have the freedom to do pursue my passions here because I'm never restricted by things such as traffic and commuting problems, a 9-5 job, and other mundane things. Here in Siargao, I am working part-time as a tour guide, which I enjoy immensely as I get to meet new people, learn about their culture, while visiting fun places in the island. Other times, I am taking care of my small business, which is something that I do out of passion for art, inspired by surfing and the island life.

Overall I can say that living here has made me a much happier and healthier person. It is, to date, one of the best life decisions that I've ever made.