The term "locavore" refers to someone who prefers to eat food that is grown, raised, or produced locally. Which pretty much sums up the concept of "farm to table" food. Locavore Kitchen x Drinks offers dishes with meat, ingredients, and produce that are locally grown, raised, and produced. This restaurant takes pride in supporting local farmers and even local brewers, as it offers locally-brewed craft beers.

Locavore's menu offers Filipino dishes with a twist, cooked upon ordering and only made with the freshest local ingredients. Here's what I got to try.
 Sugpo Con Mayonesa: jumbo black tiger prawns with aligue, garlic, butter, and
Japanese mayonnaise - Php585
 Sinugbang Bangus: milkfish with salted egg, lemongrass and chili garlic - Php355 
 Kare Kare Wings: 6 pcs wings in Kare Kare glaze, served with singkamas and mango 
slicesbuttermilk ranch dressing, and shrimp paste- Php260
Sizzling Sinigang - Php475 (left); Lechon and Oyster Sisig - Php360

My verdict? Everything was delicious. There was nothing that I tried that I didn't like. Well, maybe except for the Sinugbang Bangus because of the salted egg. It was not the dish itself, but the fact that I'm really not a fan of salted egg. But everything, from the prawns to the chicken wings to the sizzling sinigang and the sisig, was sooo delicious. My favorite would have to be the Kare Kare Wings because kare kare has always been one of my fave local dishes, sans the icky cow parts like the oxtail and tripe. I would only eat the meat parts. So the Kare Kare Wings was such a nice twist to my favorite Filipino ulam. It made me realize that kare kare can also be great with other kinds of meat - in this case, chicken.

I would definitely recommend Locavore Kitchen x Drinks if you want a nice Filipino meal with a twist. The way that the dishes were cooked and the presentation was a bit unconventional but the taste is still definitely Filipino.

Locavore Kitchen x Drinks has two locations: one along Brixton St. in Kapitolyo, Pasig, and the other is in Forbes Town Center in Bonifacio Global City. Opening soon: along Valero St. in Salcedo Village, Makati City. This one's near my work place so I can't wait!