The Farmer's Daughter

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Hello! It's been a while since I've posted about my foodie adventures so let me do another one to continue my Baguio food crawl. This time, I'll be sharing my experience with local Igorot cuisine at The Farmer's Daughter.

The Farmer's Daughter is located right beside Tam-Awan Village, which is a popular tourist attraction that showcases Igorot art and crafts. I like how the restaurant was strategically placed there for a full Cordilleran experience. Here is what I tried there.
Garden Salad
 Pinikpikan - a chicken soup-based dish prepared by beating the live chicken with a 
stick prior to cooking it (kinda brutal, if you ask me)
 Pinuneg - pig's blood sausage
 Kinuday jen Manok - smoked chicken with vegetables
Blueberry Cheesecake

The food was delicious. I especially loved the smoked chicken because it was very flavorful. I also liked that it's smoked and not fried, so it's not greasy. The pig's blood sausage has a weird texture but was surprisingly good. It's not something that I would order again but I'm glad that I got to try it just for the experience. Their blueberry cheesecake was huge. It's good for two to three persons and I loved how it's not too sweet. Overall, I was satisfied with the food and I would definitely come back next time.

The Farmer's Daughter is located along Long Long Rd. in Awan Village, Baguio. I highly recommend that you drop by for a taste of Igorot cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment