It's been a while since I've done a food-related post, so let me just tell you real quick about a foodie discovery before we continue with my backpacking escapades.

You know how much I love Japanese food and it thrills me to discover new Japanese food places, be it a hole-in-the-wall type of place or a kitschy restaurant. If it serves Japanese food, then I'm good with it. So during one of those days when I was craving for some noodles, I decided to check out this Japanese fast food located in the food court of Uptown Mall in Bonifacio Global City. The place is called Yumi Express.

I checked out their menu, and I got excited because they have yakisoba on it and that was what I was craving for at the time. I wanted to order their set meal with my choice of meat and yakisoba, only to be told that it was not available. It was a let-down. I ended up ordering ramen. I then tried to order a plate of gyoza but it wasn't available either, so I ended up going for the California maki.
 Buta Miso Ramen - Php198
California Maki - Php120

The verdict? The food was just so-so. For Php198, the ramen tasted okay but I know that I could have had better tasting ramen for a cheaper price. Plus it looked kinda bland, if you would just check the photo above. However, the California maki was good. As for the service, it was kinda slow for a fast food place. Overall, I was not truly satisfied with my experience there which started with the unavailability of some of the items on the menu. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed. 

Would I recommend this place? Hmm, not really. Like I said, the food was okay but my overall experience was not. Now, I only give honest reviews based on my experience. Up to you if you still want to try it for the food.