Two weeks ago, I covered the Clark-Miyamit 50 Miles and 60km Ultramarathon that was held in Pampanga. Part of its route is the Miyamit Falls located in Porac, Pampanga. I was assigned to be the photographer in that area so I got to see the enchanting falls for myself. 

To get to the falls, one would need to go enter Sapang-Uwak, a small municipality, where the jump-off is. It is a long trek going to the falls, where the uphills are steep. The terrain is of rough road and dirt. It is wide enough for a 4x4 vehicle to pass through. Since I was there to shoot for a trail-running event and I had to be at the area early, I got to ride the 4x4 up to the viewing deck. I got there around 8pm together with the other race volunteers. We trekked up going to this fork, where an aid station was to be placed, and set-up camp there. 
view of the lush greens and mountain ranges in Pampanga

At 3am the next day, I woke up, had some breakfast and trekked a good two kilometers all the way down to the falls. When I got there, it was still dark so I couldn't really see anything but I could hear the sound of the waters. When the sun came up, the falls finally came into view and it was so beautiful. 

I couldn't exactly describe how totally astounding it is. I don't think words will ever be enough so just see for yourself.
with Don, who joined the race
a closer look

Travel Notes:



  • How to get there via commute: From Metro Manila, take a bus going to Mabalacat, Pampanga. From Mabalacat, take a jeepney going to Angeles City public market. Near it is a jeepney terminal going to Porac. Just tell the driver to drop you off at Brgy. Dolores, where you can take a tricycle that will finally bring you to Sapang Uwak.
  • Side trip: Porac Peak. Earlier in this post, I mentioned a fork, right? To the left of that fork is the trail going to the falls. Well, to the right is the trail going up to the Porac Peak. I have never been there but I was told that it was a good 10km hike and the views are breathtaking too. So if ever you will be going to Miyamit Falls, might as well go to the peak for the complete experience.
  • Important: One needs to get a waiver to be able to enter the vicinity. You can secure it from the mayor's office at the municipality of Porac, which is located in Brgy. Poblacion.

I guess that's it for this post. I hope you enjoyed this quick travel bite. Keep posted for more of my adventures. 'Til next time, folks! :)