Continuing my food adventures in Bagiuo, we move on to a fairly new pizza place called the Firewood Pizzeria. We discovered it during one of those nights when we were both starving but had no idea where to dine. We wanted to avoid crowded restaurants because we anticipated that the service would be slow. We just came from a 50km run from Baguio to La Union, and then spent the afternoon swimming, followed by a good hour-and-a-half bus ride back to Baguio. We were both exhausted and we just wanted to regain those calories that we burned before finally calling it a night.

After about fifteen minutes of driving around the city, we saw Firewood Pizzeria and decided to eat there because it's a place that we both haven't tried yet. It's a good thing that the place wasn't crowded. Upon being seated at a corner table, we asked for their best-selling pizza and I chose the pasta. Both dishes were enough for two people.
 Spaghetti with Meatballs
Five Cheese Pizza

The verdict? Hmm. I had mixed feelings about the food. For one, the spaghetti was just so-so. The pasta sauce tasted good. However, I did not like the meatballs. They were hard and seemed rubbery that they were a bit tough to chew. It was as if the meatballs were overcooked. 

The pizza was delicious. I'd give them that. As if quattro formaggi, or four cheese, is not enough that they had to add another kind of cheese. And being the cheese-lover that I am, I couldn't get enough of it. Also, the serving was huge. Although we finished everything, I felt very very full afterwards.

The service was fast. They completed our order in less than fifteen minutes. I remember that because Don and I had a bet on how fast the service would be. The items on the menu were priced just right. I cannot remember the exact prices of what we ordered, but I can recall that we spent around Php700 for the two dishes plus the drinks that I ordered. I'd still give it a thumb up.

Firewood Pizzeria is located on the second floor of the Newtown Plaza Hotel along Claro M. Recto St. corner Leonard Wood Rd. in Baguio City. Check it out.