You know how I always say that food is one of my favorite things about traveling because of yadda yadda yadda... Well, I'll cut to the chase. Here is a quick photo diary of my foodie adventures when I was in Thailand.

When I first arrived in Phuket, I was really looking forward to trying out some of the local food. For some authentic Thai dishes, I went to a couple of restaurants near my hotel in Choeng Thale in Thalang District. This was on separate days. Here is what I tried.
 Pad Thai (THB150) at Cafe De Bangtao - rice noodles with chicken bits, crushed red
pepper, beansprouts, onions, crushed peanuts, and egg, stir-fried in butter and
oil, seasoned with vinegar and fish sauce
Khao Pad (THB150) at Bo Restaurant - Thai fried rice with chicken, carrots, green 
onions, and egg, seasoned with soy sauce and fish sauce, served with lime and 
cucumber slices

Thailand is also known for their wide variety of street food. During our group tour, I didn't pass up the opportunity to try some of them. First up is the Thailand's version of India's roti or local pancakes which was being sold on a push cart at the Wat Chalong complex.
 Thai "pancakes" (THB50) - made of wheat flour and beaten egg, pan-fried and 
served with sweetened condensed milk and sugar

Towards the end of the group tour, we stopped by the Naka Market which has the biggest food market I've ever seen. There were just so so many choices that I got overwhelmed. While I only tried a few of them, I took a look at almost everything that's being sold and served there. 
caramelized fruits

seafood
crispy fried insects *gasps*
all sorts of things on skewers
food-coma by sushi (THB8 per piece)

Other than the local restaurants and the night market, I also got to try some local dishes being cooked and served at food stalls located along Bang Tao beach. You can't go wrong with having a sumptuous meal, with a picturesque view of the beach.
 Sweet and Sour Chicken and Veggies (THB100) - stir-fried chicken fillet strips with
young corn, red pepper, carrots, beans, tomatoes, cabbage, and pineapple bits, all in sweet
and sour sauce
 Chang beer

Overall, I enjoyed the food in Thailand. The Pad Thai and the Khao Pad are definitely the best dishes I've ever tasted there. I can't make up my mind which of the two I like better. The food market was pretty interesting. It is great for those who are really adventurous when it comes to food. Sad to say, I couldn't get myself to try the crispy insects. But I did have a hearty fill of sushi and those things on the skewers. I truly enjoyed the experience, and to be honest, one night is not enough to try even half of what the food market has to offer. And lastly, the sweet and sour dish that I've tried was sooo good, that I'm looking up the recipe as we speak. To sum it up, Thai food is love. So if you're planning a trip to Thailand, don't miss out on the food. Your taste buds will thank you.