Less than two months to go until the Nike Run Club Women's Half Marathon, and if you registered for, you should already be immersing yourself in the half-marathon training program especially made for this event. 

Last week was all about building endurance. Endurance is very important to be able to run and finish strong in a long distance race. Even if I have been running for almost three years, I'd still say this: a half-marathon is not easy. It is something that one should seriously train for. Which is why as part of the program, the Nike Run Club held a long run last Saturday, March 19, at the Bonifacio Global City. The long run session, with a targeted distance of 16km, was exclusively for the participants of the Nike Run Club Women's Half Marathon. It was headed by the Nike Run Club coaches: coach Rio dela Cruz, coach Ian Banzon, and coach Ico Estregan. They were joined by the team of Nike Run Club pacers.

Here are some photos taken during the event.
with my race buddy, Solyle

We were divided into different pace groups. I ran with the 7:30/km pace group so I can join my race buddy, as she will be running her first half-marathon during the event. Sadly, I did not get to finish the entire long run because I had to rush off to another appointment. I still had fun though.

Nike Run Club training sessions are still ongoing twice a week every Tuesday and Thursday. These sessions are open to everyone, just don't forget to register here. For those who are registered with their buddies for the Nike Run Club Women's Half Marathon, keep training to be #BetterForIt and see you on May 15!