When people hear of Iloilo, one of the things that comes to mind is the famous Lapaz batchoy. It is known dish here in the Philippines that originated from La Paz, Iloilo thus its name. It's a soup dish made with pork meat, pork cracklings, chicken stock, and round noodles. Ted's Oldtimer Lapaz Batchoy is one of the famous batchoy places and I couldn't resist dining there during my short stay in Iloilo.
Special Batchoy - Php65

I've been to Ted's several times but this was the first time that I was disappointed by their customer service. Or rather, appalled. You see, I ordered some more batchoy for takeout to bring to my family. It took me a while to get my order and when I got it, the noodles and everything were placed in plastic bags. I asked if they had containers for takeout and they said they do but they charge extra. I didn't mind if they'd charge me extra as long as they served it properly. So I have to wait some more for the plastic containers. And before leaving, I checked the bags for utensils and saw that they didn't include any. I mean, what kind of food service industry doesn't take the initiative to include utensils? Seriously. Plus, they didn't even apologize or try to make up for the inconvenience that they caused. :(

The batchoy tasted really great. It's one of the best I've had but my experience there was so bad that I wouldn't wanna go back there again. I hope it's just this one branch. And I hope that they have better customer service in their other branches.