Japan has always had my heart, but its real claim to fame for me is definitely the food. And when it comes to Fukuoka, ramen is king. But Fukuoka's ramen is different – Hakata ramen is all about thin noodles, a super rich pork broth, and keeping things simple.

I knew I had to try the real deal, so I headed straight for Hakata Ikkousha, a famous ramen chain known for keeping things traditional. On normal days, the line can get crazy – snaking around the corner and all – and people would have to wait for hours. I waited in line for less than 30 minutes so it definitely felt like a win. 

The inside was small and lively, and the menu was refreshingly short: Hakata ramen, with options to spice it up and add a perfectly marinated egg (because, duh). 

Hakata Ikkousha

My ramen came out steaming, and the smell was incredible. The broth was creamy and intense, like a flavor bomb of pork goodness. The thin noodles were cooked perfectly, chewy and delicious, and the toppings were simple – just scallions and a slice of melt-in-your-mouth pork belly.

Every bite was a party in my mouth – the creamy broth coating the noodles, the savory pork, and the freshness of the scallions. It's no wonder this place is so popular! By the end, I was completely stuffed and happy.

So, if you ever find yourself in Fukuoka, do yourself a favor and wait in line at Hakata Ikkousha. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!