While South Korea is a haven for K-pop fans and K-drama lovers, it's also known for another thing: cafes. South Korea boasts a vibrant cafe culture where coffee shops serve as social hubs for everything from studying to socializing, often featuring unique themes and trendy drinks.

943 King's Cross in Seoul

One of my favorite cafes in Seoul is 943 King's Cross, and if you haven't figured it out yet, it is a Harry Potter-themed cafe. I've been a Potterhead since I was 11, so anything Harry Potter-themed will always be on my bucket list. 

Finding the place was an adventure in itself. It's located in Hongdae, and while this neighborhood is teeming with tourists and locals, 943 King's Cross is tucked away in a not-so-crowded area. Even if you didn't know it's a Harry Potter-themed cafe, its exteriors are a dead giveaway. 

943 King's Cross in Seoul

And once you enter the place, it's like you're transported into the magical wizarding world. The entire cafe is decked out with Harry Potter-themed decor. We're talking cauldrons, old books, wizard portraits, shelves overflowing with wand boxes, and even life-like toy owls in cages. Every corner was meticulously decorated.

The cafe is actually on multiple floors, each with a different theme. The ground floor looked like a shop in Diagon Alley, and one floor looked exactly like the Gryffindor common room, super cozy and inviting.

943 King's Cross in Seoul

There's also a basement floor, which is actually a pub - but I didn't check that out.

I spent quite a while taking photos everywhere I could. It felt like I actually stepped into the movie, which was really cool. There was even a corner where visitors could try on Hogwarts robes and take mirror selfies.

943 King's Cross in Seoul

Even the food and drinks are Harry Potter-themed! It was a cold winter afternoon, so I had to try the "Wizard's Chocolate", which was their version of a hot chocolate, and it was delicious. But that was all I tried when I visited since I had dinner with friends later that evening. 

943 King's Cross in Seoul

As expected, the items on the menu are a bit pricey, but I think they are worth it, especially if you're a true Potterhead. You're not just paying for the food and drinks; you're also paying for the unique ambiance of the place. 

And while I only tried one item on the menu, it didn't disappoint so I'll make sure to come back to try the food and more of their drinks.

943 King's Cross

If you're a Harry Potter fan, even a tiny bit, you have to check out 943 King's Cross Cafe. I got really lucky because there was only one person ordering at the counter, but after I placed my order, many people started coming in. So don't forget to make a reservation – this place gets packed!