Skansen is an open-air museum and zoo located on the island of Djurgården in Stockholm, Sweden. It's a popular attraction that showcases Swedish cultural heritage and features historical buildings, exhibits, and a variety of animals. While Skansen is primarily known for its cultural and historical aspects, it also offers dining options for visitors to enjoy.  

I spent more than half a day there so here's a quick post about what I ate during my visit. To add, I was being shown around by a friend who lives in Stockholm so I did ask for recommendations on what to eat.

For lunch, we went to Skansen Terrassen, which is the main restaurant here. It offers a diverse menu with both traditional Swedish dishes and international cuisine. I tried a dish that featured roasted chicken with vegetables and potatoes and served with a tangy mayo sauce.

Dining at Skansen
roasted chicken and potatoes

I did like the dish. The chicken was very tasty and it was complemented really well by the sauce. The potatoes were delicious and super soft. The serving size was good too and overall, the dish was really filling. 

After lunch, we walked around and explored the open-air museum and a couple of hours later, I ended up craving for something sweet so we stopped by a dessert stall in one of the picnic areas. My friend suggested that I try kärleksmums, which is a Swedish chocolate cake with mocha glaze and coconut. He also bought me boxed fruit juices from a local brand that he used to enjoy as a kid.

Dining at Skansen
kärleksmums

The chocolate cake was actually really good. I thought it was light and wasn't too sweet. The fruit juices were surprisingly good and had a natural taste to them, unlike the ones we have here in the Philippines.

Apart from Skansen Terrassen and the food stalls at the picnic areas, there are many more dining options here - whether it's local dishes or international cuisine. There are also cafés if you're just looking to grab a quick drink or a light snack. For more information, you can check out Skansen's official website.