Holy Week

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Here in the Philippines, Holy Week is strictly observed as majority of the population are Roman Catholics. We go through traditions like fasting and abstaining from meat. Or in the case of some people, they abstain from the things that they love as a form of sacrifce. Also, people do what they call Visita Iglesia, wherein they pay different churches a visit to pray. Some people also take these few days to spend with their family as it becomes a long weekend.  

As for me, I did visit the church with my family. We visited the Chapel on the Hill in Batulao in Nasugbu, Batangas. 

After that, we went to this place called the Mountain of Salvation. A little back story: this place was said to be holy because the Virgin Mary appeared here with two saints. Getting to the exact spot took a little hiking and once you get there, you can really feel the solemnity of the place. Here are some photos that I took.
here it is, the two holes on the left are actually natural wells where you can get water
this is located in front of the rocks shown above
a close up of the cross where people left their rosaries
a breath-taking view during the hike

That's it for this post. I actually took this time to give myself a break from work and blogging. I'll be back soon with more posts for y'all. :)
0 comments : :