Burn

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It was in 2010 when the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition debuted and had its first ever show that lit up the skies of Manila. Now on its fifth year, it features exhibitions from ten participating countries. Every Saturday started February 15, two countries are set to showcase their fireworks show, each of them with a particular theme and story behind it.

I watch at least one show very year and this year was no different. I got to watch the second to the last show which featured the exhibitions of Finland and of Canada. We got the VIP tickets that were worth Php.500 and from there, we were able to get a good view of the show. We had to come super early, roughly two hours before the show which started at 7pm, so we can get good seats. And then we just bought snacks to bring into the area. Here is a quick photodiary.
goofing around with my sister before the show started
stilt walkers were there to entertain everyone while waiting
with ze girls
snapshot from Finland's show
from Canada's show


Between the two countries, I liked Canada's exhibition better. It told an actual story, while Finland's just played some songs following one theme. But of course, both were very beautiful. 

And here's the song that stuck with me throughout the night. It's one of my favorite songs and Finland actually used it for their show. 

It was a truly magical night. I had fun and it gave me the usual good feels that one gets after watching fireworks. You know what I mean, right? Teehee. The last show was held this previous weekend and too bad, I wasn't able to catch it. Anyways, there is always a next time which would be held around the same time next year. So I'm just gonna keep posted for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment