#StrongerPH

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It was Friday last week when super typhoon Yolanda, or otherwise known as Haiyan, struck the Philippines. I live in Manila and I can say that there was very little damage here. I wish I could say the same for the provinces in Visayas. The typhoon was only here for a short time, yet the damage it brought to the affected areas would take years to restore. Not to mention the thousands of lives that it took and the sorrows of their loved ones. The typhoon has passed but many people are still missing, and thousands are left homeless and starving.
credits goes to IBT for these photos

It breaks my heart to see photos like these. And as I was watching the news last night, I felt very saddened and had this strong urge to reach out and help. I know that I must do something. Here are some ways to help the victims of typhoon Yolanda.
DSWD and The Philippine Red Cross are also accepting volunteers for 
repacking goods.

I hope you all find this useful. Let's spread some love and extend some help to our fellowmen. It doesn't matter how you help out, as long as you do. After all, it's the thought that counts, however cliché that may sound. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment