Take a Walk

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I love contrasts. For example, taking an extremely feminine piece of clothing and mixing the it up with something ragged. Like a distressed denim vest sprucing up a lace dress. Anyways, here's my outfit on Christmas day when I attended our clan's annual reunion.
Hype this on Lookbook.nu here.

I figured this was a nice outfit for a lunch out with the family at the Metropolitan Club. It's  just truly perfect for a bright, sunny day. Now, what I love about my dress here is how versatile it is. Given the right accessories, it can go from day to night. For example, if I paired it with heels and added in some metallic accessories, then the whole look would have a completely different feel. But for a daytime look, I just slipped on my fave brown embellished sandals and I was good to go.
Lace dress from Forever 21
DIY denim vest
Satchel bag from Dooney and Bourke
Sandals from Lower East Side at Payless Shoe Source

Photos were taken by my cousin, Karina. By the way, the title of this post came from the song Take a Walk by Passion Pit which was the song playing while I was creating this post. Just in case you're wondering. :)
8 comments : :
  1. very cute! love the dress :D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! That kind of dress is so versatile. :) Hope I have one, too! :D Lovely and the fact you paired it to a vest which makes me love it more! I've been addicted to denim vest these days. :)

    Happy Holidays! Have a good one! :)

    hope you can visit mine too :)

    xx
    ellie
    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and would you believe I got it on sale? It was the last piece. Hihi. Thanks for dropping by btw! Happy Holidays as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Eva, I love it that bag is to die for. I followed you. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and join if possible. So exciting! Thanks for your time :) keep posting. God bless,

    Steven B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in these photos and I love that bag!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    http://www.samueljamesmorris.com/2012/12/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Left a comment on your blog.:)

      Delete