Nautical Stripes in Peplum

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ah, the peplum. It is one of this season's hottest trends, a current must-have in every fashionista's closet. Here's my take on this trend as I wore it to the recently concluded Bloggers United 4. Will blog about that event later but for now, let's get to my outfit.

Instead of the peplum skirt, I opted for something different. A blue and white striped peplum top. The top does have a bit of nautical vibe to it, right? I then paired it with a black bodycon skirt and flats that are in the same shade of blue as my top.
Hype this on Lookbook.nu here.

I accessorized with pieces in black and gray. This time, I went for something more edgy since my top and skirt ensemble screamed girly and sophisticated. I added in some oomph to my outfit using spikes. And then I chose a nude-colored bag that went quite well with my blue-black-gray color palette.

And finally for my make-up, I decided to go for the no make-up look. You see, I work on night shifts. And coming from work that day, I had very little time to do my make-up. I just put in foundation to even out my skin tone, applied some eyeliner and mascara, and swiped on nude lip stick.
Please excuse my huge eye bags and haggard face. LOL.
Peplum top from Ambiance
Skirt, thrifted from The Landmark
Blue flats from Solemate
Watch from Tomato
Spiked cuff from A'postrophe
Spiked connector ring from Jekaloja Bling

Some of these photos were taken by my mommy dearest and the rest were shot by my sister. I love how supportive they are of my blogging. All in all, I think I've pulled the whole look off, yes? :)

Oh, and don't forget to join my ongoing blog giveaway here. Click click! :D

5 comments:

  1. Love your peplum top!

    Thanks for the comment in my blog! I am following you now, hope you can follow me back too. =)

    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is helpful for us.it was really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ms. eva just want to let you know po na na-lock na yung account namin sa fb but you can still check our page po for new items pansamantagalan =) https://www.facebook.com/JekalojaAccessories?ref=hl thanks!

    -jekaloja bling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thanks for letting me know. :)

      Delete