Something Shiny, Something Blue

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another outfit post coming up, y'all. This is about my look on the second day of the still ongoing Philippine Fashion Week. Like I said in my one of my recent posts, I was lucky enough to get an invite from designer Russell Villafuerte. Here's what I wore.

Ah, the mullet skirt. It's one of this season's hottest trends so I really had to get my hands on one. I just have to decide what color or print to get. When I saw this in its very beautiful shade of blue, I knew that I had to buy it. I love how I can wear this skirt with just about anything. I can wear it with heels for something formal. Or I can wear it with  a tank top and cute, embellished flats for a more laid-back but still feminine look.

For my top, I originally wanted to wear something black. At first, I was aiming for a sort of edgy look to go with my black heels. But then, I remembered that I have this gorgeous sequined top that I've worn only once. And to think that I've had it for almost a year! Just look at how absolutely glam it is.

To match my black heels, I chose my ever versatile sling bag which I've used again as a clutch. Yeah, I keep toting it a lot. Then I went with a black and silver themed arm party to make my complete look more cohesive. I kept my accessories minimal because there's already a lot going on with my top with all the sequins. I wore a barely noticeable pair of studs and no necklace at all.
Top from Nava. Skirt from Redhead. Heels from Parisian.
Clutch from Marithe + Francois Girbaud
Hype this on Lookbook.nu here.

Big thanks to my good friend, Kamilla, for taking my outfit shots that day. I had to change into flats after the fashion show because these shoes were literally killing my feet. Yeah, I always make it a point to bring flats with me because I don't think I'll be able to enjoy myself if my feet were aching like crazy. Up next, I'll be posting some photos of the actual show. Stay tuned for that. :)

14 comments:

  1. I am a fan of this look, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PFW is indeed the best season to dress up. I love your top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.gracefeital.blogspot.com.br/
    ah visit my Blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shiny look! And I love your skirt! The color pops! :)
    Hope we can follow each other. :)

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://lookbook.nu/chenmeicai
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2957855
    http://www.nuffnangx.com/user/hJK222B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for the comment and thanks for dropping by. :)

      Left you a message on your blog. ;)

      Delete
  5. Ooh so cute! I love the cobalt skirt. I have a very similar one. It looks fabulous paired with that sequin top! And your heels are awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    -Nathy
    http://earnestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the heels, the skirt and the sparkly top!

    -thirdbite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete