#ReliefPH

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hi. I would just like to make a quick blog post and this isn't one of my usual. Consider this a short break from all that food and fashion blogging because this is really important to me. Sorry I couldn't think of a catchy title for this blog entry. I just decided to use this since it's been on the Twitter trends in the Philippines and even in the world for the past couple of days. Why? Hmm. I don't think words are enough to describe what's been happening here so. I'll just let the pictures tell you what's going on in the part of the world. Btw, the photos are not mine. I just got them from various news sites.

There you go. I consider myself lucky to be one of those who weren't stranded, or starving, or in any way physically affected by the heavy rains and floods. But it really breaks my heart to see my fellowmen suffering like this. And it will break my heart even more if I won't be able to do anything about this. So I'm doing whatever I can to help.

In this note, I would like to reach out to you, my readers. If you'd like to help, there are numerous ways. For my Filipino readers, You can donate used but wearable clothes, blankets, ready-to-eat food, toiletries, and medicines. Just be sure to not place them in a plastic bag. Use an old cloth or towel to wrap them in. Also, there are lots of relief operations that are ongoing all over Metro Manila. I'm sure you can find one near your area where you can help out in repacking goods or in distributing them to evacuation centers. For a complete list of relief operations, you can visit this website: icanhelph.com.

For my readers from other parts of the world, you can also help out by donating cash. You can use your Paypal or credit card. Even the smallest amount can be of big help. Just visit the Philippine Red Cross website here to make your donations.

As of now, the rains have subsided. However, the flood hasn't. And a lot of people still need help. So reach out and make a change. It's never too late to do so. :)
0 comments : :