DIY Time

Monday, March 19, 2012

Back when I was a kid, I was this big recycling junkie. I love making seemingly-useless stuff into artsy, functional stuff. Why? I don't know but I just really love art projects. Now, I've taken recycling to a whole new level by doing it on my clothes. Everyone has those items in the closet that has never been worn for the longest time. Instead of throwing them out, why not make something new out of it. Right? And that's what I did.

So far, I've finished two DIY projects. One is a denim jacket that I've made into a vest. I've had that jacket since high school when it was still trendy, and it's been years since I've last worn it. What I did with it was just pretty simple. I just cut off the sleeves and left them unfinished. I also trimmed the hem and let the edges fray for that distressed look. It's the same vest that I've worn on my previous post. 
From an old school denim jacket to an edgy vest.

My second DIY project was a set of two bangles. I had these metal bangles that I bought out of a whim but only got to wear them once. I hated the clanking noise that they make so I decided to cover them up with pieces of cloth. One of which is floral printed and the other is made of lace. There you go, cuter and noise-less bangles.
As you may have noticed, I used my jacket as a background here. Haha.

And there you go. That's it for my DIY projects. I'm currently working on a dress that I bought on bargain. I'm giving it a make-over but I'm not quite done with it yet. Keep posted for that. Cheers! :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh these bangles look wonderful!!! will certainly try this at home myself :) And if it turns out well you will read about it in my blog if you want to :) on http://tokvellocet.blogspot.com!
    By the way, I am following you now and I would appreciate it if you followed me back. :) Feel free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I did follow you back.

      Delete
  2. Can you follow me ? i follow back

    xoxo

    http://fashion-gets-fierce.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! :)

    Please join my giveaway if you haven't yet:
    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2012/03/asian-vogue-giveaway-for-merry-month-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob. You should try it. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful DIT!Inspiring <3 Thanks for visiting my blog dear! appreciate it :)
    Rovie,
    http://thebargaindoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a cool DIY project! How creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you really are a fashion junkie :) I never really had the patience to do on cutting and stitching, but nice DIY. Those are great ideas that we can use :* btw, do check out mt blog dear :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cool denim vest!!

    love,
    Giuliana

    http://www.suededreamsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the diy bangles idea :)

    Best!

    Tamara B.
    lilmissstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete