Gold and Pleats

Sunday, February 12, 2012

For the longest time, I've always wanted to try color-blocking but I never had the guts to. I mean, I rarely mix up colors when it comes to my outfit. I'm mostly into dark colors, especially black and gray. And when I'm not wearing dark colored clothes, my outfits are monochromatic. But this time, I decided to be more adventurous so I went for something that's totally unexpected of me. I wore an outfit with no trace of black or gray.

I went for the colors aqua and mustard which actually looked nice together. It was a good thing too that my top has this detail on the neckline that perfectly complements the skirt.
Top from Mandee, which is a US clothing brand.

Pleated skirt from WAGW.

For my accessories, I decided to keep them low key so I chose this gold clutch instead of a handbag. Usually, I would wear a chunky necklace to spruce up my outfit but I decided to skip it because I don't wanna go OTT. I mean, the neckline already has this sequined design. Also, I went for studs instead of statement-making earrings. Then I added a simple charm bracelet and this colorful ring. For my footwear, I wore this pair of flats from Fioni at Payless Shoe Source.
Clutch from XOXO. Ring from The Landmark.

You can hype this on Lookbook.nu here.

Thanks to my sister, Sam, for taking these photos of me. She's my ultimate go-to photographer.

I went for a simple make-up because I was feeling a bit lazy. Boo me. I should really put more effort into my make-up. It's effortless but made interesting because of the color combination. What do you think?
9 comments : :
  1. LOOKING GORGEOUS IN THESE COLORS! FOLLOW YOU NOW SWEETIE! HOPE YOU FOLLOW BACK!
    XOXO,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you did great with color blocking :) you shouldn't be afraid to experiment and if you want red hair like mine ... well, just go for it! :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those mustard pleats!

    4eyednerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this skirt. Anything mustard colored I love.

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and chic look, I love that big ring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That top is amazing as well as your skirt:)

    http://stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit (:! nice combinations!

    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/
    CMPang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eva! Thanks for dropping by my blog :) Cheers to your color blocking venture! Will look forward to seeing more adventurous looks from you!

    xx,
    L.A.
    http://clothingnotoptional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete