Make Up 101: Day-to-Night Make-Up in 7 Easy Steps

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Earlier today, I was watching the show Etcetera on my favorite channel, ETC. A segment of the show featured one of Bobbi Brown's make-up artists in the Philippines. He did this tutorial for doing make-up that goes from day to night. And that's what inspired this post. 

So I did my own version of the look. The focus was on the eyes. I decided to go for dark eye make-up but I kept it minimal for the rest of the face. For starters, here are some of the products that I used.

Loose powder and liquid foundation both from The Face Shop.

Eye shadow from Color Workshop.

Blush from The Face Shop. Brush from Watson's.


And here's what I did:
  1. I started with the liquid foundation. I used a sponge foam to spread it evenly across my face.
  2. I did my eye make-up next. I applied the dark eye shadow first on the lids then the lighter shade above it. Then I blended the two shades. Oh, and I used an eye shadow brush which I dipped in a bit of water.
  3. Then I carefully lined the area right above my eyes with liquid eye liner from Avon.
  4. Next, I curled my lashes and applied mascara. First, I applied mascara horizontally, brushing it from left to right to make my lashes appear thicker. Then I applied a second coat vertically to make my lashes appear longer.
  5. Using a large brush, I put some blush on my cheeks. I added some light shimmer on the area below my eyes and just above my cheekbones to highlight my cheeks.
  6. I applied some balm and lip gloss to my lips. No lip stick this time as I promised to keep everything else but the eye make-up minimal.
  7. Finally, using another large brush, I dusted some loose powder on my face to keep my make-up intact and to keep my face oil-free.

And here's the final look.

Sorry for the quality of the photos here. I should buy a new camera soon. Haha.

Now, here are a few additional tips. Just don't forget to moisturize before putting on make-up. And don't forget to clear traces of make-up with make-up remover before retiring for the day. If you don't have a make-up remover, you can use baby oil. 

That's it for now. As the make-up artist from Bobbi Brown said on the show, "You can be your own make-up artist." Ciao, ladies.

4 comments:

  1. i use ponds cold cream as an alternate for my make up remover. :) it works well too.. nice eyes! :)

    thanks for visiting my bloggy!

    xoxo,
    http://joyceloveszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good everyday make-up! I love it!

    Thanks for dropping by at my blog. :) I also followed you! :)

    xx. Kaze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the liquid foundation from the Face Shop any good? Thanks for this! :)

    Kisses! xxx

    http://ilikeyourears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joyce & Kaze: Thanks for the comments. :)

    @Mara Feliz: Yes, the foundation is good. Plus, it's suitable for people like me who have oily skin. Try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete